Wednesday, March 9, 2016

9 March -- National Panic Day

Admit it, die hard writers, blocks are tough. Where is the inspiration?  Why are my ideas devoid of meaty brilliance??  Sometimes, it just happens.  And happens.  And ... do you notice the lack of consistent publication in my blog dates here?  ;-)  Anyway, in an attempt to write every day, look forward to it, and laugh a little, I have chosen to write about the stupid holidays.  Not the ones we actually like and celebrate semi-worldwide and put on our calendars.  Instead, I have chosen to acknowledge the lame ones that no one gets out of school to celebrate and that someone probably sent in as a request to the powersthatbe-whoevertheyare after they had too much helium with a friend or two. At any rate, here is the first one ... at least for MY year.  The first one seems mildly appropriate since this is also the year I went on panic medication for a time (don't ask ... yet).  Gee, I can't wait for the mildly INappropriate ones!  Anyway ...
NATIONAL PANIC DAY is celebrated on March 09. This day is your chance to push the panic button for all your problems and troubles: be worried and concerned in a panic way!

I am kinda panicking because I just started a blog again, I don't know if I'm going to have the time to write, I have new-ish people in my home, I have to pick up my kid, in like, 5 minutes, I sent in a resume somewhere (AGAIN -- what if I actually get the gig???),  and to top it all off, WHY DO SEVERAL RESOURCES SAY THIS DAY IS IN JUNE???  WHAT?  WHY?  THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.  I HAVE TO PANIC AGAIN IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS?????  (Clearly, that won't be an issue at all.)  I think I have that down like the two step (the only dance I still remember besides the club show from college that I remembered for 13 years until suddenly I couldn't).  Anyway, Arthur Clarke, a british scifi writer, says that Douglas Adams' advice for intergallactic travel ("don't panic") was perhaps the greatest advice that could be given to humanity.  Truth.  I think I'll buy a t-shirt with that on the front.  But wait ... I have too many kitchy t-shirts.  WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY T-SHIRTS?  WHY DO I WANT TO GET ANOTHER ONE WHEN I JUST BOUGHT TWO LAST WEEKEND??  AND OH CRAP I HAVE TO GET TO THE SCHOOL!!  OMG I JUST POSTED PANIC DAY A DAY EARLY YESTERDAY???  ACK I SAID 'ANYWAY' THREE TIMES??

Aaaaaaand, I'm done here.
Happy National Panic Day
AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...