Monday, March 14, 2016

MARCH 14 - National Pi Day

I know it is not thanksgiving, but this is what my mathematician husband wears on a the fourth Thursday in November ... because I got it for him and he's nice enough to give me the nod.  Yep, while it is also true that PIE is yummy, it is also round in shape ... which is significant.  Forgive my mind, which gears itself toward the creative (meaning I can only say this from memory, thanks to theatre).  PI is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter - a mathematical constant I know nothing about but is approximately equal to 3.14 and a lot of other never-ending numbers.   So, yeah.  It is widely used by engineers, teachers, students and others of their ilk to solve math problems.  My husband is one of those.  Oh and then, and speaking of ilk, there is also one of my theatre buds and dear pal Daniel who probably not only understands this, but may have at least a very good portion of it memorized.  Damn you, creative friend who also happens to be smart.  And also Julie, a numbers-brain who is truly a fantastic writer (although I'm not sure if she agrees).  Damn, you, I say!  I mean, um, ding dang you?  ANYway, I am going to now throw a PI in your face.  *snort*  See what I did there?  Yes, yes,  I know you did.  I've just noticed that people like to end comments in such a way when they are desperate for attention or feeling needy.  Today though all I really need is PIE.  Someone come make me one NOW; I'm on a diet.  Aww shoot, it's also National Potato Chip Day???  *crunch*

OH yeah, it's also the birthday of Albert Einstein.  Seriously.  I am not making this up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...