Saturday, March 12, 2016

March 12 - Alfred Hitchcock Day!!


I could talk about this one for days,  It also happens to be Organize Your Home Office Day, which is also absolutely tempting, but since doing that would feed my compulsions that could last for hours ... instead I will chat about THREE random things I know concerning ol' Al.

1.  I know he was scared of cops because his dad had some officer lock him in a cell for several hours when he was a tike of six years old.  I don't know the details, but ... yikes.  I wonder what he did to deserve it ... but, haha, I sure bet he did!

2.  I know he continuously pranked his actors like sending Peter Lorre a suit that was even too tiny for the small actor or sending Tippi Hedren's daughter a birthday doll of her mother dressed in The Birds costume ... in a wee coffin.  REALLY???  Oh yeah, has anyone ever considered remaking that movie with that little girl as the lead?  Her name is Melanie Griffith and I don't THINK she is too old to play that role ... can be done by a 50-something, right?  ;-)

3.  I know, okay, everybody knows that he made random (okay 37) cameos in many (ok, 57) films.  But I have this that I put together to have it running during an Alfred Hitchcock Halloween party we threw and I think it is pretty cool.  It's a collection of cameos bookended with bit of fun trivia and a Hitchcock/Disney guessing game.  OH well.  Enjoy.  If you're really bored at work, that is ...








No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...