Monday, March 28, 2016

Mar 28 - Weed Appreciation Day

Dangit, you mean actual WEEDS?  I was certainly hoping for "the one day 'weed' is not illegal for states where it is" ... or something along those lines.  Instead it is about how weeds are an important part of the ecosystem.  Cool.  Cool.  I can run with that.

I was just considering how much fun it was as a child to pull dandelions up and blow them away.  I am pretty sure there is also dandelion tea and wine, both of which I have never tasted but I plan to remedy that.   I appreciate that many weeds are edible, a good source of vitamins, and that wildlife loves weeds -- or that they attract beneficial ladybugs.  Even milkweed is food for the lovely monarch butterfly!  So hey, maybe it is time to embrace weeds or focus on some of the health qualities they have for common problems.  Who knows, we may have been using herbicide on the freaking cure for cancer!  After all, some weeds are the most beautiful "flowers" in our yard.  Okay, I will appreciate weeds today.  Maybe I'll eat a dandelion.

It is also Be Mad Day, by the way.  So I am also going to be mad that it wasn't "WEED" Appreciation.  Throw me a bone, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...