Friday, May 13, 2016

May 13 - Friday the 13th - Blame Someone Else!

Today is National Blame Someone Else Day, an unofficial national day that was invented by Anne Moeller of Michigan around 1982 or something.  Apparently one morning her alarm failed to go off ... followed by a string of bad luck throughout the day ... which happened to be Friday the 13th.

Sounds like she had Alexander's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day ... and got back at it by making it a national holiday??  Waaaa waaaaa waaaaaaaa ....  baby.  But I jest.  Since I don't know what things happened to her I have no room to tease-whine, but I must say that this stupid Friday the 13th gets way more traction than it should.  I mean, equal employment act was adopted on Friday the 13th in October of 1967.  THAT'S awesome.  Also, Benjamin Franklin said that famous quote about death and taxes.  I don't know if that's GOOD necessarily, but it's not entirely horrid.  For some.

I also heard the first nudist colony was founded in the UK on this day.  And I'll bet someone got lucky that day too.  It may be Friday the 13th and if something inauspicious happens to me I am going to blame someone else for everything.  You know, like my kids do.  *wink*

Anyway, yeah, so maybe nothing AMAZING is celebrated or remembered on this day, but hey, it's just a day.  Someone wonderful is born and someone wonderful dies.  And life goes on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...