Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6 - Beverage Day

Well ... this could be fun.

I am currently at a Thai cafĂ© in order to write before I meet a friend because I still want to give her this much belated birthday gift.  Therefore ...

I am going to try the sugar cane drink.  And this scares me ... a lot.  Pure sugar cane water or what?  What IS it?  I like to suck on sugar cane in Honduras on occasion but ... ew?  I almost changed my mind and ordered sweet tea like a true southerner but I hate it when others do that ... AND I did not know it was the theme of the day until I read my list.  So I am challenged.  I'm doing it.

I have to wait because they are brewing it.  Good sign.  I hope.  *jeopardy theme here*

Okay.  I hate it.  BUT that is just an opinion, it's not horrid (not spew-worthy), and it does remind me of my old home in the aforementioned deep, DEEP south.   Not the deep south of Texas or even Tennessee ... I meant the one where I sucked on sugar cane in a mango tree.

Apparently this day celebrates ALL beverages ... and not just the coffee that many hungover Americans are drinking today.  #cincodemayo #seisdeborrachos

So kick back and enjoy your favourite drink today.  May it be an afternoon of pleasure and relaxation.  Or suck on some sugar cane.  #HURRYUPBETHBEFOREIGETSOMETHINGWEIRD

-ER.
Peace out.

I hope I'm at the right place...




No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...