Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mar 29 - SMOKE & MIRRORS DAY



The phrase “It’s all smoke and mirrors’ refers to the way in which magicians use all manner of distraction to make sure the audience fails to see what’s really going on.  A (sorta) appropriate lead in to April Fool's Day, it is a day in which the disguising or elaborating of the truth of a situation with confusing or unconnected information can be elaborated and on this day, erm, celebrated?  Geez, THIS year the day is also an incredibly appropriate lead in to choosing presidential candidates, isn't it?  And I mean ALL of them ... yes, even the one for which I choose to send my vote.

I mean, really.  I know I don’t need to explain this away, but when either a person or corporate entity make an offer "look" eye-catching with “window dressing” when it really isn't - but in reality they are only using s and m (see wha' i did there, woops lol) to distort --- it seems it is so they can keep holding the carrot on the stick in front of you! Hmm, kinda like a Jedi mind trick, m’i right?



I am not even going to attempt to actually talk about all of the LIARS I know and adore, but still doubt absolutely everything they say.  That's where my mind goes when I think "smoke and mirrors" so ... it may sound hoity toity, but I really don't want to celebrate that.

But, as in the cyber notice above, I would not say no to that wine.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...