Friday, November 19, 2004

LAUGHIN OUT LOUD AND FEELIN' GROOVY

Laughin’ Out Loud

  • I just took a picture of my dog in his house with his food bowl 12 inches from his snoozing head.  Why does that make me laugh out loud?  There was a squirrel in the middle of the food bowl and one on the roof, both chowing-down on a Kibble.  He had no idea.
  • The fact that my dog doesn’t understand rain.
  • Bill Cosby’s face.  He doesn’t really have to say anything.
  • The leg lamp from The Christmas Story
  • Receiving random comic strips in the mail from Charlie Walton.
  • The look on my friend Lynn’s face when he found out the word “Edelweiss” did not mean “thank you” – although he’d said it to almost everyone in Germany.
  • Anything Colin Mochrie says.  2 points if you know who he is.
  • THIS   Really.  Doooooo it.  Click, you know you want to ...
  • Rizzo the Rat to Gonzo:  “Light the lamp, not the rat!  Light the lamp, not the rat!”  (I don’t know why – it just cracks me up every time)
  • A Fish Called Wanda  (this scene especially)

Generally Feelin’ Groovy:

  • My cat, purring on my head on a rainy morning.
  • Putting a finished novel on my bookshelf.
  • My new mattress.
  • A loaded baked potato….hang on, I’ll be right back....
  • Reading through Rick Steve’s travel guides.  Yes, I do this.
  • David and Julia making trying new recipes at our house.
  • Gabe Wicks’ fried catfish on a Sunday night.
  • Sitting up late with my husband watching Alias episodes.
  • Remembering an Easter Morning hike up a Honduran mountain with six GACS kids.
  • Having a friend who feels so at home at your house that they just leave with your books and ask, “Hey, can I watch CSI?”  (I’m not being sarcastic – I really like that – oh, and hi, Julie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...