Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Apr 5 - Go For Broke Day

How does one risk everything for one big effort?  Some people call it gambling and well, some just call it life.

I guess today is the day to put it all on the line and take a big risk.  If you can muster up the courage to do so, knock yourself out.  It is up to you to decide if the possible outcome is worth the risk.

The people who inspire ME are the ones who lost everything and failed miserably in their initial quest to suck the marrow out of life.  Here are some of my favourites:

1.  J.K. Rowling, who sent her manuscript to MULTIPLE publishers before one finally saw the jewel that is Harry Potter.

2.  Bill Gates, who even dropped out of college to create Microsoft.

3.  Sylvester Stalone, who actually WROTE the first Rocky movie and tried to get it off the ground with a teeny paycheck and a baby on the way.

4.  Beyonce:  I don't even enjoy her style or listen to her music, but DANG that girl can sing.  Did you know she dropped that first album by herself and without any promotion?

These guys are serious risk takers and yes, I listed the rich and famous, but ... they got there on their own and many to the life background music of doubters and boos.  I love these lyrics; take a moment to look up the rest.  And have a good day jumping off those cliffs of insanity.

I'd rather stand on the edge of a cliff
hang my toes over a bit
and then jump when they dare me
even if it scares me
and I get hurt
I'd rather build my wings on the way down
do my best not to fall to the ground
and then laugh at my mistakes
cause they're only lessons I'll learn...
RISK, by Paul Brandt


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...