Monday, April 18, 2016

Apr 18 - Pet Owners Independence Day

 Our fur babies get to stay home while we 'bring home the bacon.'  What would YOUR pet do if he or she had to work in your place?  The possibilities are endless.  My cats would flip my students off and sleep. Because they're cats.  My dog, however ...

(Earlier this morning to the secretary at my current employment ...)

"Hi, I'm Sonic.  I love you!"

"You have Sonic?  Put it in the teacher's lounge please."

"No, I AM Sonic.  That's my name."

"Lovely.  What are you doing here?"

"It's Pet Owner's Independence Day.  My owner told me I had to come in and teach her class!  AND I LOVE YOU!"

"Her classroom is upstairs.  Here's your temporary ID.  Please don't pee on the elevator."

"Darn it!  Okay!  I love you!"

"Indeed."

(secretary to a co-worker) "Concerning that pee ... does he know the classes are 90 minutes long?"

(dog, hearing from the hallway) "DARN IT!"

----------------------------------------------------

Yes, Pet Owner's Independence Day is a national holiday.  I am not making this up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...