Sunday, April 24, 2016

Apr 24 - National Pet Parents Day

Notice that the cat is saying nothing to it's parents?  Typicsl.
National Pet Parents Day is observed annually on the last Sunday in April.

There is a very special connection, a unique bond, between a pet and its owner.  This unique relationship, which can often last for many years, is often a vital part of the ‘pet parents’ life.  Their loved pets are considered to be a member of the family.

 I memorized all my pets when I was in third grade.  I was so proud to say that I had, "a dog, a cat, 13 fish, a gerbil, and a turtle."  My poor parents!  Only child syndrome, maybe, but they were all my good friends.  We had parties and stuff.  I included the barbies because they didn't balk when I adjusted their costumes ...

National Pet Parents Day was created to honor all dedicated pet parents across the nation with a special day of their own. That's today.  It's MY day, bitches.

Gus is the cat at the theatre door.  Yep, that's where we found her.   Lakewood Theatre backstage door, 2005, a few weeks after we had just adopted Rosie, named after the previous owner of our house.  

Sonic, our dog, came to us as he crawled through the open window of a car as someone drove by me in the adjoining neighbourhood and said, "Is this yours?"  He wasn't and I tried to find his owners, but, just like Satchel, who had passed immediately following the flood, HE found US and ... we kept him.

We are also currently keeping a kitty on our back porch in hopes to find it a home.  But we've named it.  Uh oh.  And ...

Does my iguana count?

I have not changed since third grade.  My poor husband!  Folks, I have a disease. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...