Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Apr 26 - Hug a Friend Day

Let your friends know how special they are.  Here is my virtual hug to some of them.  I could say so much about so many friends who have touched my life but I am narrowing it down to three very close friends I have known for around 10 years and are living in Nashville.
  • Beth, you are my partner in literary crime and so enjoy the creativity and laughter that you bring out in me.  I don't remember whose place you took in the play where we met, but I certain I would not have felt so challenged, loved, and special as I do knowing you.  The pajamas you gave me after the flood have lots of holes now, but they also give me a hug so I dare not part with them ... or YOU!  Ever.  Get used to it.  ;-)
  • Daniel, it's so nice to have a friend who I do not have to see or hang out with for months at a time but when we finally do, it's real, it's important, it's fun, and it's usually intense.  All of those could apply to everything we've ever done together...sometimes we are just fulfilling one of those as a close-friend-need and sometimes we find a way to do them all at once on my back porch ... with spirits.  Love ya, man.
  • Julie, we have known each other for much longer than ten years and somehow we were brought together in the same city ... again.  Your face is a blessing.  Your home is a blessing.  Your stories, fact or fiction, are a blessing in so many ways.  Our times together grow more and more meaningful with each meeting or new experience or even trauma.  You mean WAY more to me than my luggage and we really should have collected a journal of inside jokes, Tawanda.  I love you, truly.
Let your friends know how important they are to you by giving them a hug.  This virtual hug is real, but it can't beat the "bonding" hormone oxytocin that the body releases when given a real hug.  Do it.  Don't wait.  I'll bet they need one too.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...