Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Apr 12 - Walk on Your Wild Side Day

Today is apparently the day I am supposed to throw caution to the wind.  Mmm kay, since I have done this numerous times and most of those attempts have been embarrassing, I will suck it up and share ... for your laughter's sake.  Yeah, the first two "wild side" memories are ... well, nude oopsies.

--One year as a counselour at White River Youth Camp I decided to wake the other leaders up in the girls' bathroom by prancing out of the shower nude and singing Good Mornin' from Singin' in the Rain.  I really put my heart into it ... but I slid on a bar of soap and slipped right out the door.  I will never knew if anyone outside the bathroom caught my naked arse as it slipped and slid all over the wet tile floor trying to crawl back inside as quickly as possible.

--Skinny dipping in Honduras in the ocean turned out to be a show for the helicopter flying above us ... because I was doing a back float.

--One of the best relationships I had in college was a special friendship with David Gregor.  What a nut!  I was very comfortable with him as a bro and he harassed me mercilessly.  One of his favourites things to embarrass me with would be to slap me on the butt in public and say, 'Sudden urge, Anj."  My face would peak red immediately.  A summer had passed between two semesters and I missed my pal ... I had also found some courage because I had the same public "affection" ready for him when he returned from the National Guard.  I waited patiently in the student center for his contagious laughter ... then I saw him, reading the booklist posted on the bookstore window.  I sneaked behind chairs and pillars and people until I got close enough to -- WHACK! -- and smack him  on the derriere.  YES!  Got him!  Ho HO!  HA HA! "Hey Dave!!!"  Nothing.  "Dave?"  Yeah, it wasn't Dave.  I was flustered and all I could muster to say when he turn, confused, was, "UH ... sudden urge?"

--I invited a guy to a club banquet; a guy in whom I had quite a lot of interest.  Apparently, he did too.  When we were on a romantic stroll by a riverbank after the festivities, we decided to sit back on an embankment and chat.  Then it got cozy.  We mutually decided to move a ways down on that retaining wall and smooch a little.  Then we also mutually decided to kiss and lean bank on that embankment. It was so dark we hadn't realized that in this space further down ... there was no embankment.  Eric broke my fall!  Lucky for ME.  Unlucky for HIM, I had to take him to the ER with a concussion.  Now THAT was hard to explain the the doctor ... who then chose to congratulate us on the semi-successful date.  ;-)

There are many more tales of my embarrassing moments.  Oh, so many more.  Maybe someday I'll share about body surfing the waves in the Pacific Ocean.  Yes, naked.  I'm so weird.





No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...