Sunday, April 10, 2016

Apr 10 - International Safety Pin Day

Well, it is a day to celebrate siblings, the salvation army, and farm animals ... all very noble celebrations ... but just as salient is ... *drum roll please* ... the safety pin.

I guess then it is also a day to celebrate simplicity and practicality because according to legend, a dude named Walter Hunt invented the safety pin in 1849 in order to earn the money for a debt he owed.  Simple.  Ingenious.  Safe.  Brilliant.

I pretty much only use them for crafts, gaping blouses, and to find the stupid drawstring in those blasted pajama bottoms.  So I suppose if it weren't for Mr. Hunt's debt I would be still be giving people crappy craft fails and flashing my boobs to the unsuspecting.  However, I don't think my husband would complain too much about the disappearing drawstring. ;-)

Still ... high five, Hunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...