Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Apr 13 - World Scrabble Day

On this day, I thank MOLLY DAWIDOW who, with her homemade chicken salad and smarts taught me how to tackle the Scrabble board while I was living in Vienna, Austria.  I think we may have played for three days straight.  I was never the same again.  Happy Scrabble Day!

I also wish ARLENE MILLER a Happy Scrabble Day, who could kill the board as we wiled away the hours with the gift we both gave each other one Christmas ... a hefty Scrabble dictionary.  I still have mine!

And I thank TIM WOODROOF, who gave me some great hints on bluffing like a heartless bastard.  ;-)  Love you!  Happy World Scrabble Day, old friend!

I also wish LANE WRIGHT a Happy Scrabble Day and thank him for being about the only person who can beat me without cheating.  Like, at ALL.  Except for maybe this next guy ...

So, I wish RYAN GREENAWALT a Happy Scrabble Day and a request to rectify our lack of a personal scrabble tournament sooner than later.  Miss you, dude!

And to everyone else, I wish on you the opportunity to use a word like oxyphenbutazone, which will ensure you win the game no matter when you play it.  And with that, K-W-Y-J-B-O.  Game's over.  I'm outa here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 25 - National Towel Day

WHY A TOWEL?   Well ...  "... a towel ... is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch-hiker can have. Partly ...